This is a very simple recipe, a great alternative for those who do not like sweet porridge. In addition, this breakfast is a great source of proteins and fiber and tomatoes add extra kick of vitamin A to the table.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- Rinse your oats in a colander and leave to drain.
- Heat some oil on a medium heat in a small pan. Add white parts of the spring onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add cumin and cook for 1 min.
- Add tomatoes and let it cook until they give juice and start falling apart, in about 5 minutes.
- Add oats and stir them for about 1min, until they absorb all the tomato juice.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with green slices of spring onion.
Discover more ways to keep your vegan diet healthy with WeVegan Multivitamin, a premium one-per-day supplement for vegan and low meat diets in eco-friendly packaging.